National - Coalfields Community Investment Programme for England - Ongoing
Grants are available to voluntary and community organisations for projects taking place in the top 30% most deprived coalfield communities in England and will make a positive difference in addressing the areas of skills, employment and health.
Who Can Apply
Most voluntary and community organisations and groups working to regenerate coalfield communities are eligible to apply as long as they are not for personal profit. These include registered charities, Companies Limited by Guarantee, Community Benefit Societies, Community Interest Companies, Charitable Incorporated Organisations and unregistered groups with formal rules.
Branches of larger organisations can apply as long as the branch has the following:
- Its own independent constitution and separate company registration number from the national body (where applicable).
- A bank or building society account in the name of the branch.
- Independent accounts in the name of the branch.
- A management Board or Committee which can operate independently of the national body.
- Independent policies and procedures.
- No financial dependence on the national body.
Projects should be based in an eligible coalfield community or be able to show clear and immediate benefits for an eligible coalfield community that has high levels of deprivation.
A list of eligible wards is provided on the Trust's website. These are on a regional basis - North East, North West, East Midlands, West Midlands, and Yorkshire and the Humber.
www.coalfields-regen.org.uk/funding (External Link)