Manchester - Neighbourhood investment funds - Ongoing
What are neighbourhood investment funds
We are supporting local people by encouraging groups to apply for a neighbourhood investment fund (NIF). These are funds available to communities to make their neighbourhoods better places to live.
£20,000 of neighbourhood investment funding is available to every area (ward) in Manchester each year - to help groups carry out events and activities that benefit people in their local neighbourhood.
The fund can be used for many things including:
- supporting groups of residents back into employment or training;
- establishing new community groups;
- supporting established groups, new groups and delivering local projects;
- clean ups, planting, recycling and reducing waste projects; or
- other activities important to your neighbourhood.