Burnley, Pendle and Rossendale - Eric Wright Charitable Trust
Eric Wright Charitable Trust have asked Burnley, Pendle and Rossendale Council for Voluntary Service to administer this fund on their behalf. We have been appointed to deliver a community small grants programme.
The Eric Wright Charitable Trust Community Small Grants programme is aimed at local organisations within the VCF sector providing activity to address locality community cohesion, reduce social isolation and make a positive difference to the lives and wellbeing of people of all ages. Organisations must have an annual turnover of less than £30,000.
Projects should strongly support specific local needs in the following key areas to successfully qualify for this fund:-
- Increasing opportunities to participate in local community action
- Keeping people well and feeling part of their community
- Increasing resilience and improving mental wellbeing, enabling individuals and families to cope well, overcome barriers to achieving their potential and increase their skills
- Support people who are more vulnerable, such as those with a long term conditions, who are frail and/or have complex needs
- Promotes greater partnership working between the community and general practice, and other VCF organisations
- Reduce social isolation, with a positive impact on health and wellbeing
Who can apply to The Eric Wright Charitable Trust Community Small Grants programme?
The grants are being made available to community projects in Burnley, Pendle & Rossendale. There is a strong focus for small grassroots groups that are providing effective community cohesion programmes. This funding proactively encourages small groups or new start up groups to pilot their ideas and gather evidence for future funding bids to help sustain the activity/programme. As long as your group meets with the CVS prior to submitting the application to see how we can support your group, then you are eligible to apply.
How much funding can groups apply for?
There is a total of £10,000 available to award and there are two tiers to the funding:
Grassroots grants – up to £250.00: for unconstituted community groups that are working with the CVS to help achieve their community engagement activities / events
Community grants – up to £500.00: for constituted community groups
Burnley, Pendle and Rossendale CVS for information on how to apply.